Since not all insurance plans cover infestations and the inevitable large cleanup to follow, prevention is the best way to protect your home and investment. Keep your home clutter free, clean, and dry. Ensure access points are sealed and invest in pest control maintenance services. If you start seeing more critters appearing, show no mercy. It’s them or your house — quite literally if it’s a giant snail enjoying the “all you can eat stucco buffet” of your house.
Did you know…
- A mouse can fit through a hole as small as the diameter of a dime.
- HVAC components, or heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems as well as household cabinets are entryways for pests and rodents. Even if caulking around these systems is used, rodents can gnaw through. Also, plugging gaps after an infestation may not simply be a solution since dried or remaining pest and rodent droppings, urine, and general debris might still be behind or around these areas making it more likely for their return.
- A five-gallon bucket under a slow leak may seem an easy solution to a plumbing problem. However, it provides a watering trough for rats, mice, and cockroaches as well as may be a moisture source for supporting mold growth. Therefore, fixing leaky pipes and faucets as soon as possible is a must.
- Standing water and debris in gutters provides water for rats, carpenter ants, mosquitoes, and other pests. Keeping gutters clean and unclogged is the way to go.
- Food and drinks left on counters or in recyclables will attract and help support insects and rodents. Use soapy water to wash bottles, cans, wrappings, and other items that have food residues clinging to them before placing them in recycling bins.
- Pests can gnaw through many types of plastic containers. Use metal bins when practical for trash and recyclables.
Both new and older buildings alike can be afflicted with infestation. There is not one building that is immune! Let Bug Squad and POW! help to eliminate the uphill battle with these critters with our comprehensive approach.
We offer maintenance service on a monthly basis for pest and rodent control problems. Monthly treatment is the most effective and best way to go if you have a severe infestation.
We offer maintenance services on an every other monthly basis for pest and rodent control problems. Every other month treatment offers protection for a property with severe to moderate infestation.
We offer annual treatment services for termite infestation and other wood destroying organisms. After the first initial treatment, we will provide continued protection once per year, so you stay worry free.
Buttons with Partners of Other Services:
House Cleaning Service, Electrician, Plumbing, Roofing Repair (Bug Squad and Pow Service)
Facts cited from EPA.gov, and "Scram! Keeping Apartment Homes Pest-Free, Without Toxic Pesticides," an article by an EPA staff member, in the June 2004 issue of Units, a National Apartment Association's publication, and insurancequotes.org